Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nájera


Well, a group of us went to a little town called Nájera, which is about 30 minutes from Logroño. Nice little pueblo up next to the mountains. I was surprised by how green it was, and also how much the landscape resembled Southern Utah. It was like taking a trip through St. George.

Dang tourists are everywhere. This is Arden, Katerina and Nadja. They're the ones who came with me.


We visited a monastary, which contained a few tombs of kings and queens. I couldn't find a year on any of them, but judging by the condition of the stone, I'm guessing they lived within the last 2 or 3 hundred years.


The massive gold altar in the cathedral. I seriously want one of those in my house.



Another important dead guy. I'm sure he was important for some reason.

Cool open walls with cool carvings. If you look a little left to the center of the picture you will find a statue of a guy on the wall with no head. That seems to be common with statues here. Either they sculpt them headless, or someone has a giant room filled with stone heads.


Back in good old Logroño, I went walking through the streets and got to watch a sweet Christian concert. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...of course, it could have been the hot chocolate as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment