A group of us decided to visit a little place called Laguardia, which is up in Basque Country. It is a little town that is built within some old castle walls. Surrounding the town are vinyards that go on for miles. Right now they are absolutely beautiful because the leaves are all changing color.

The entrance to a cathedral in Laguardia.

We decided to grab a bite to eat in one of the local bars here...

I got ham and cheese-wrapped asparagus (I know it has a better name than that, but I don't remember what it is)...

and a devilled egg with shrimp. It's not an American-style devilled egg, but it was delicious.

I couldn't help but stop in a little cake shop and get this little piece of heaven. It is more or less a piece of cheesecake. It took me a while to start eating it because I couldn't stop admiring its beauty.

Someone decided to make a statue of metal shoes. I have no idea what the significance is.
No comments:
Post a Comment