Sunday, October 11, 2009

Trip to Zaragoza


These are a couple photos from our trip to Zaragoza. It is festival time there for the Dia de Spain (like independence day) as well as the Dia de Pillar (or something) which has some religious significance and a sweet story that talks about Pillar healing a guys leg in a vision who had his leg amputated years before. In the photo you will see Taku-my new roomate from Japan who speaks very little Spanish or English, yours truly, Manuele-She's from France and is the one responsible for my 1st French Kiss-which is what I call the greetings that French people give you when they kiss you on each cheek, and Jennie-who has been here before and who pretty much has to show me where everything is. Arden-who I graduated with but never met before, also came with us but he doesn't like being in photos.

This is the Cathedral of Pillar, which is absolutely enormous-Seriously, this only shows barely the top half. They wouldn't let us take pictures inside, but there was some of the most exquisite art work I have ever seen in there. There were probably 4 or 5 chapels inside as well. It was absolutely incredible.
So, there were a few guys dressed up and just standing there. I honestly thought he was a statue, and then someone put some money in his hat and he came to life. It was really cool, but also kind of creepy to see a statue stare at you with real eyes.
This is me chillin outside a castle. I guess this was made by the arabs back in the 6th century. A lot of the inside is pretty modern, but they have preserved a lot of the architecture from the original construction. They also filled the mote with a lawn and trees. I would have prefered alligators.


I think this is what Robin Hood does in his spare time. I was mostly just impressed with the guy playing the spoons. I have never heard anybody who could actually play the spoons, but this hombre was rocking it up.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, that's awesome. I think Eternal Jamnation has their next number for the ward talent show. We'll have to have Brady sub for you as Robin Hood though, which I think will be a perfect part for him to play. Looks like you're having fun, even found some cute girls already, never knew you had it in ye.

    ReplyDelete